The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Views On Poetry



Mariola Says: 

Poetry can have different meanings, for me poetry is a type of writing that let you use your imagination and let you describe the things you feel, see, like or hear in any kind of way. The truth is that I don’t have examples of time when poetry was important to me. I have never been a real fan of poetry and in high school I felt obligated to analyze poems that I did not like. I don’t have any important experiences with poetry, but I remember a poem we studied in high school that interested me a lot. The name of the poem was “A Julia de Burgos” and the author is Julia de Burgos. I liked that poem because the author describes herself like she had another person inside her. Also it showed what the author was feeling and what she was thinking. I also learned a way in which people express their inner thoughts and emotions, and that is by writing poems.

Poetry can make a difference in someone’s life when the things you are reading, seeing or reading makes you feel important and happy. It can make a difference when you change things in your life, feel different emotions towards others and help others in your life. Song lyrics and poetry are the same because they both have rime, and they express feelings and thoughts that we have. There are both uses to express your inner self to others. People also use them to communicate with each other and share their emotions. A song that it is a poem is Cantares, written by Antonio Machado and Joan Manuel Serrat. A poem was important in the movie Patch Adams. The scene of the poem was when he was saying his goodbyes to his girlfriend, he recited a poem of Pablo Neruda called 100 love sonnets. It was important because it gave the movie a tone of sadness and compassion for Patch. It also represents how Patch Adams was feeling at the moment for the loss of his girlfriend and how he still feels deep love for her even though she is dead. It also demonstrates how poems can show the deepest feelings inside one’s body. We can see that poems are a reflexive way to show your ideas and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment