The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Why did I go to College?



Luis says: "I think education is the evolution from primitive thinking to rational and logical thinking.  Education is the tool to shape the minds of every individual.  It is the way for our society to progress and humanity to prosper."

Why did I go to College?
What is education to me? I believe education is the process or tool of evolution from thinking out of instinct to rational and logical thinking. When a baby is born he does not know how to communicate or do many of the daily things we do. Education is the tool we use to help his brain adapt to his surroundings. With it we teach him how to speak, properly hold a spoon, and maybe teach him his name. Through this process his brain starts to grow and begins to change. Slowly but surely in time he will learn to rationalize and be able to make decisions based on what was previously taught to him.


Education is essential in life. It is not something you can go without in these days. The world we live in is full of problems and situations that require educated decisions. Most companies higher the graduate with the highest average or if not they at least require a degree. I think education will keep on growing and we will be able to teach new things to our children, new words will appear on our language and they will be passed down through generations as it evolves and it keeps growing. Education will never stop changing and become more and more demanding every year, schools will teach more things, just as they do now from what they taught 30 years ago for example.

I came to college because, besides from the social experience and meeting a lot of new people, I also want to get a degree in accounting and be able to have a career as an adult. I want to leave college with the business knowledge and be able to join a company and use what I’ve learned during my classes and be successful. If I don’t take advantage of these years of college I’m afraid ill have a hard time finding a good position out in the field and not be able to compete with those colleagues that have trained and studied hard for their career.

It is hard to get real life experience in college since there are no classes that offer it but I guess that comes through the years and with a little patience. I will try to study and make these years the most productive I can because when I am released into this concrete jungle I need to be able to hold my own. I can honestly say my education will play the largest role in helping me survive in our modern society.

No comments:

Post a Comment