The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Views On Poetry


Liane Says:


Poetry is everywhere. It is in the way you speak to your friends and family. It is in the way you write a story and the music we hear. I believe everything we write down is poetry. Poetry has musicality. It does not always have to rhyme. Mostly when I write I write down in a poetic way. I make sure my words have a pattern and rhythm whether they rhyme or not. I love incorporating a type of musicality when I write because it is the best way to express myself. In mi senior year in high school I took literature it was a great experience I enjoyed reading the stories and poems. We had to write many poems and my teacher recognized a couple of mines. She said my poems had a double meaning. I did mean for it to be that way though. I like using metaphors and other things to give life to my poem. It is cool to read something and then say, “Wait!, what she meant was.. “. When it comes to the lyrics of a song and the similarity it has with poetry, I think they are both the same. They have a meaning, they have power, they have musicality and they portray a message. Like I said this is my definition of poetry. One of my favorite songs if a poem it is called “Perfectly Blind”. I cannot recall a time in which poetry was important in a movie because most of the movies I watch are comedy or horror and mostly do not have to do anything with poetry. I am not a big fan of romantic movies in which I think that poetry might be involved in. Here is one of my favorite songs which is also a poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment