The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

13 October 2009

Reflectio on A walk to the Jetty

 
This short story is about a seventeen years girl who is going to England to be a nurse. The story starts in the day she is going to take the ship to go to England. Annie, the girl start to think and remember about all her pass and she saw that all her past including her house and things remember her parents and not her. All she can see in her life is the identities of her parents and not her identity. With this idea in mind Annie feels that the journey to England is going to make her a new person that has her own identity. The end of this story is when she gets to the Jetty where she is going to take the ship. In this moment she felt a little of indecision because she didn’t know if she was doing the correct thing, but the she realized that this was the opportunity to be a new person and she felt okay with her decision.

            In my opinion I really like this story because I felt that every person has a chance to make our own identities. The story reminds me of my friends and I because it described a step that every teen has to go through when we go to college. I think that one of the biggest steps we take in our life is going to college because this journey helps you define yourself and get to know yourself. “A walk to the Jetty” inspired me to be myself and have my own identity and it also helped me remembered of my youth years when we didn’t have any responsibilities in our hands. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment