The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Why did I go to College?


Adrian Says: "For me, education is an experience that somebody goes through and learns something new at the same time. I considered education a privilege that not many people have. Its an opportunity in which you gain knowledge through teachings or experiences. You can basically receive an education anywhere as long as you are learning something new. Since we were born we receive an education by our parents teaching us basic things, but as we get older our education expands and we learn new things by the school, our parents, friends and life experiences." 


Why did I come to college?

Education is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character, or physical ability of an individual. It’s the process by which society deliberately transmits its knowledge, skins and values from one generation to another. For me, education is an experience that somebody goes through and learns something new at the same time. I considered education a privilege that not many people have. Its an opportunity in which you gain knowledge through teachings or experiences. You can basically receive an education anywhere as long as you are learning something new. Since we were born we receive an education by our parents teaching us basic things, but as we get older our education expands and we learn new things by the school, our parents, friends and life experiences.

College is an institution of higher learning that grants us an opportunity to receive a bachelors degree, a masters degree or a doctors degree. Since we were little we went to elementary school and continued our way up to high school, and we graduate. When we graduate most of us want to go to college, but why necessarily? A lot of students are forced by their parents to go to college and receive education. Others want to go to college because they force themselves to go and want to get a higher education. Some people don’t get the chance to go to college and get to miss out on an experience that betters our lives.

For me personally, I went to college because college is an opportunity to gain universal knowledge and with that, become a better person in the future and become a successful professional. I went to college because it is full of experiences, not just a academically, but also fun experiences with friends. College expands your horizons and with that you start to see life in a different way. Right now I’m studying accounting, but I am thinking abut transferring to art. I love art and I’ve been drawing since I was very little. I also went to college so I can be more prepared in the future and also to meet new people. Basically college is full of opportunities and experiences that I don’t want to miss out on and are very important in the future. That’s why I went to college.


No comments:

Post a Comment