The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Why did I go to College?



Beatriz says: ''Education is any act or experience that has an effect on the mind, character, or physical ability of a person.  Education is the process by which the society transmits its knowledge from one generation to another.  You get an education at school, by learning from books, teachers, etc.  Also, you can get an education from your experiences and how your parents have taught you to act or do things."


Why did I go to College?
When I first thought of what I wanted to do with my life, I was a little girl, around ten years old. I said: “I want to be a dentist”. And ever since that day, I started thinking what I would become when I grew up. Eventually, as I was growing up, I started to change what I wanted to be. But I knew one thing for sure, that I had to go to college, so I could be whatever I wanted to be.
My parents influenced in my decision, because I know they regret what they did when they went to college. They both had the intelligence to do everything they wanted, but they followed their role models, their parents. Right now, they think that they could have done much more than what they did, but it is too late. That is why I wanted to do something that I liked, but that would be good for my future, too.
My goal is to study Medicine, and I know I will be very good at it. College is not easy, but it is worth all the hard work, because I know in the future it will pay up. I am really happy with the decision I made, because I love to learn. In my opinion, college is very important in our lives, because it helps to develop who we really are. College is a really big step for every person that wants to achieve their goals.
This is my first year of college, and I am really happy that I chose to study General Science, because I love science and it is really good for my future. I would not like to work for someone else. That is why I chose Medicine, because I can be the boss of myself. In Medicine I can go to different areas, but right now I think I would like to work with babies and little kids. It is easier to work with them, than with older people, and they are much cute.
I don’t regret my decision of coming to college. This will be a good experience that will lead me through life. I did not come to college because of anyone else; I came because of me, because I wanted to do it. I will learn many things from this experience and I am not letting anyone else decide what I am going to do with my life. This is my decision and I know what is good for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment