The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Teenage Wasteland by Anne Taylor



Luis Says:


I think teenage wasteland is the perfect story of failed parenthood and failed self-discipline. I sort of see it as something both parents and us teenagers should read. The teenager should read it and reflect upon it and realize that he or she should never behave this way. Look upon the character of Donny and feel pity towards his situation and how he does not have his parents to help him out.  Imagine arriving at your house and not having your parents with you anymore, not dead, but they dont care anymore.  Imagine never again hearing your mother saying I love you.  Donny leaves his home and ends up living god knows where which if you think about it is the sadest thing that could happen to anyone.  On the other hand Daisy fails at disciplining his child which creates the problems which lead to the loss of her son.  Her lack of trying to care for her child and thinking time fixes everything slowly loosens the boy's connection to the family and the social standards of being the regular child who studies and grows up under a roof.  

In my opinion I would never go that far as for being a rebel.  I have sometimes thought of doing such a thing but minutes later have come to forget about it not because I need food and a bed, but because i feel guilty for my mom and because I would never ruin my life like that.  I plan on seeing my mother and family every possible day till the day I die.


No comments:

Post a Comment