The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

22 September 2009

Teenage Wasteland by Anne Taylor


Liane Says:


Teenage Wasteland was a very psychological story. I liked it a lot even though it was quite tragic. I understood Donny and his attitude towards his parents because I sometimes feel like I want to be apart from them and not have to listen to what they say and be able to do things I want to do. I like to do things on my own and be independent, so I can see where he is coming from but he is young and I am a little older so I have learned to gain privileges and obey my parents unlike Donny. It is disappointing the fact that his mother, an adult who is suppose to have sufficient maturity and should not be affected by society, is immensely affected by what people think of her and instead of making choices on her own, lets others influence on them and take over. When you grow you are suppose to make these changes. She should have followed her motherly instincts and not led Cal take care of Donny. There were so many signs that he was not the right person to be taking care of Donny. At the end of the day the child is living under your roof, under your conditions and you as a parent is responsible for his actions. What you say goes. This is discipline and without it we would all live in a wasteland. Every child, especially in the stage of adolescence needs a guide for his future and he must accept that not everything is going to be his way. Adolescents go through changes and we have to see beyond what attitudes that they portray because in the future they will be grateful to be a mature person.

No comments:

Post a Comment