The 7sevens Give you our Opinions on different topics!

27 October 2009

Columbus in Chains Reflection

Adrian Perez Columbus in Chains is a controversial story that makes you rethink about history and about Christopher Columbus himself. I personally never gave that much attention to Christopher Columbus because in school I was taught that he’s the one that discovered us and that’s it, but after discussing about him in class, it made me think about his purpose in discovering us. A lot of people think that he is a hero, but I don’t think he’s a hero. A hero is someone who looks out for others and is not selfish. Christopher Columbus is an important figure in history, but he’s no hero. He brought slavery and war to our land, and he didn’t think of us, he just wanted to do his job, which was to discover us. I think that the author thought that in a way he was a hero, but in another way he wasn’t. A.J. first thought that he deserved to be chained up and felt good about it, but then realized that he’s the one that discovered her land. This story inspires me to know more about our history and our past.

No comments:

Post a Comment